HS Officer - UK
Click here to contact the poster of this job listing.
- Based in Devon
Sibelco mines and manufactures a wide range of mineral products for both local and international markets。 Founded in 1872, Sibelco began in Europe and has grown into one of the largest industrial minerals companies in the world - privately owned and multinational, our vision is to be the best Global Material Solutions Company。 We are market driven, operationally excellent and offer a compelling culture。
This role will be responsible for assisting the UK Operations Management in implementing the global safety strategy and Sibelco Operating Model into all UK sites. The role therefore involves frequent travel including overnight stays.
- To demonstrate and audit key behaviors through safety interactions on site;
- To contribute and assist in the management of both internal and external audits;
- Provide specialist HS advice to all UK sites;
- Support sites and contribute to the group HS KPI’s;
- Contribute to the evolution of the Safety Culture through positive reinforcement, demonstrating a high level of self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Managerial skills / experience of working with colleagues at different levels in an organisation;
- Previous experience from an HS function and/or role;
- Audit experience;
- Desirable but not essential:
o NEBOSH General Certificate;
o IOSH Managing Safely;
o Degree level of education.
- Experience and/ or knowledge of the extractives industry;
- Ability to translate rules, policies & procedures into best practice;
- Team player;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Analytic thinking;
- Ability to self-organise and self-motivate.
Sibelco offers a compelling culture in which people thrive and perform at their best across diverse nations and roles, where employees are challenged to explore possibilities and are recognised for their contribution to the Company’s successes.
Please submit your application to be formally considered for our role. If you would like to discuss this position before applying please enquire by contacting Niamh Ruddock at [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Midnight on Sunday 20th September 2020.